The NHSGiveBlood app
The quickest way to browse available appointments, book in real-time and find out what your blood group is
With the app, you can:
- Get a real-time view of current appointment availability
- Book and manage appointments anytime, 24/7
- Find where to donate close to your current location
- Receive messages when we need your help
- Find out more about your blood type
- Check guidelines about medicines, health conditions and travel
New to blood donation?
Register to be a blood donor.
Before downloading the app, make sure you are registered to give blood.
You can register online or by calling 0300 123 23 23.
Registered as a blood donor?
If you are already registered to give blood, you can sign up for an online account to book and manage your appointments online.
During August 2021, we will be releasing a new version of the app with an updated design that will make it easier to use and accessible to everyone.
This new version will be improved throughout the year with further changes and features that will make it easier to browse appointments and get information about donation.
We will update this page as development progresses and we can share dates.
What will happen when the new app is available?
If you already have the NHSGiveBlood app, it will automatically update to the new version if this is enabled on your device.
If you don’t have the app installed, it will be available for download in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
You will be able to use your existing login with the new app, except if you use Facebook or Apple ID to sign in. We need more time to review how we support these sign in types.
You will be able to use your original email address and password details to log into the new app. If you have forgotten these details, please use the forgotten details page.
A few features from the current app will not be included in the first release of the new app, but they will be added at a later date.
- Facebook and Apple ID support
- View suggested venues when first logging in
- Favourite venues
- Donation history and Achievements
- Donor card
- Some search features will be missing until we improve systems that enable improvements.