The NHS Give Blood app
The quickest way to browse available appointments, book in real-time and find out what your blood group is
With the app, you can:
- Get a real-time view of current appointment availability
- Book and manage appointments anytime, 24/7
- Find where to donate close to your current location
- Receive messages when we need your help
- Find out more about your blood type
- Check guidelines about medicines, health conditions and travel
New to blood donation?
Register to be a blood donor.
Before downloading the app, make sure you are registered to give blood.
You can register online or by calling 0300 123 23 23.
Registered as a blood donor?
If you are already registered to give blood, you can sign up for an online account to book and manage your appointments online.
A new version of the app is now available via Apple and Android stores.
The app will be improved throughout the year with further changes and features that will make it easier to browse appointments and get information about donation.
How do I get the new version of the app?
If you already have the NHS Give Blood app, it will automatically update to the new version if this is enabled on your device.
If you don’t have the app installed, it can be downloaded in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
You will be able to use your existing login with the new app, except if you use Facebook or Apple ID to sign in. We need more time to review how we support these sign in types.
You will be able to use your original email address and password details to log into the new app. If you have forgotten these details, please use the forgotten details page.
A few features from the current app will not be included in the first release of the new app, but they will be added at a later date.
- Facebook and Apple ID support
- View suggested venues when first logging in
- Favourite venues
- Donation history and Achievements
- Donor card
- Some search features will be missing until we improve systems that enable improvements.