Compliments and complaints
Listening, responding, improving
We are committed to providing a quality service to our donors at all times. However, if you are not happy with any aspect of the service you receive then we would welcome the opportunity to investigate your concerns and provide you with a full and prompt response.
How can I make a complaint?
There are a number of ways in which you can get in touch to provide us with your feedback:
- use our online Compliments and Complaints form
- download our Compliments and Complaints leaflet (PDF, 345KB) or you can pick one up at any donation session.
- call our helpline on 0300 123 23 23
- email email@example.com
- write to our Customer Service Team at:
NHS Blood and Transplant
- If you would like more information or support with making a complaint then our Customer Service Team would be pleased to help and can be contacted on 01923 367643.
To use Text Relay, dial: 18001 0300 1232323.
To use text chat, please SMS: 07860 034343.
How do I know if you have received my complaint?
We will send you an acknowledgement within 3 working days of the Customer Service Team receiving your complaint.
What happens next?
The most appropriate department team will investigate your concerns. We will then either contact you in person or write to you.
How long will it take to receive a response to my complaint?
We aim to provide a final response within 18 working days of receipt of your complaint.
What should I do if I'm not happy with the response?
If you are unhappy with the response you receive, we are always happy to discuss this in more detail with you. If, however, you feel that your complaint has not been fairly addressed then you may take up your concerns with the Health Service Ombudsman.
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Fax: 0300 061 4000