NHS Blood - Give Blood England and Wales

A Positive Blood

A Positive Blood

32% of the donor population have blood group A RhD positive. 7% of the donor population have blood group A RhD negative. That makes a combined total of 39% of the donor population having blood group A.

Of all the people needing blood at any given time, Group A will be needed by almost half of them. And because stocks only last a limited time, this makes it important that you continue to give on a regular basis.

We can guarantee that your blood will make an amazing difference. Whether it's used to treat patients in an emergency, in cancer treatments or to help a mother and baby in childbirth, it could be the difference between life and death.

Female donors can give blood three times a year and male donors can give blood four times a year. So please be sure to keep up your outstanding work and donate regularly if you possibly can.

> Find a blood donor session near you

Find a venue

Our session search will find every public blood donation session in your area:

Need some help?

There are many ways we can help you:

It began like any normal day for 15-year-old Luke Craig. He'd gone to a family christening, then on to a party...
Read Luke's story